Monday 12 October 2009

A Refreshing Change

I've not blogged for a few days. There's plenty I could write about, the Internet only England match, MPs expensed revisited, the Strictly Factor attempts to out-scandal each other.
But no.  There's something far more important. I have discovered Crabbie's Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer.
I picked up a couple of bottles on offer in a small corner shop thinking it would something different and worth a try, and if I didn't like it Mrs W likes ginger ale so it wouldn't go to waste. Two bottles later we were almost fighting over the last mouthful. This really is a ginger beer, not a ginger flavoured ale, and unlike some soft drinks it has the perfect amount of ginger to give it a real kick but without being overpowering. Refreshing drunk cool from the fridge ( we drank it straight, the label recommends a slice of lemon or lime) it also gives a warm glow as it goes down, so it's likely to be just as nice at room temperature on a cold winters evening. And at 4% alcohol a very pleasant way to spend an evening I'd imagine. Maybe I'll get a bottle of their Ginger Wine as well for those more "sophisticated" occasions
My next mission is to find a local pub stocking it. I can't imagine the big mega-brewery owned pubs would touch it,  but if anyone knows of any proper pubs serving it in the Hampshire area please leave a comment. Oh, and if anyone from Crabbie's is reading and has any free samples available .....

1 comment:

  1. The adverts on the radio are rather amusing too -in fact, can't ever remember hearing so many risque double entendres in 30 seconds - beat Finbaar Saunders hands down....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.