Friday 19 September 2008

I'm European for 3 Days

I always consider myself English before British.

And NEVER European (despite what our wonderful leaders want us to think)

Except for this weekend. Golf's bi-ennial Ryder Cup is here again, one of the few occasions when watching golf gets exciting. So for the next 3 days I'll be cheering on Europe in our battle against the "good ole U S of A".

My prediction - USA 12 Europe 16

Go Europe !

Footnote: Why do American spectators habitually shout "Get in the hole" at the ball? 30,000 odd baying Southampton fans have never been able to affect the ability of their strikers to hit the back of the net, why does one man think he can influence the movement of an inanimate object with the power of his voice alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.