Sunday, 21 February 2010

The Curse Of The Apostrophe

SPOT THE  DIFFERENCE


St Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Where Southampton were playing local rivals Portsmouth last Saturday.

Attendance at the match (including  a good many of my friends) 31,385

Atmosphere on the day: Red hot & volatile







St Marys, Isles of Scilly

Where my wife took me for a surprise birthday helicopter trip on the day of the above mentioned match.

Population of whole Island 1,666

Atmosphere on the day : Sleepy to comatose.



What a difference an apostrophe can make.

(To be fair it  was a wonderful trip and we spent a lovely day wandering around the island, sampling the local hostelries etc)

2 comments:

  1. I agree. The Scillies are a fabulous place. I went on the boat from Penzance, which was wall-to-wall vomit unfortunately. The boat is simply too small to negotiate the Western approaches comfortably and the Western approaches are always rough. Going by Helichopper is definitely the best plan.

    Glad you had a nice time. Hope you found a TV in a pub somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went on the helicopter to Tresco - fabulous. Have promised myself a return visit before too long. Glad you had a great time, Wurz and I`m enjoying the photos you took on St Mary`s (or St Marys) for which many thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.