Friday 7 September 2007

More Rubbish From The Press

Today the Daily Mirror reported that my team Southampton's manager had cleared his desk and was leaving the club.

Within a couple of hours Burley himself had phoned the local radio station to put the record straight and the club's Official Site had also published a denial (quite possibly their quickest reaction yet to any story).

How can newspapers get away with continuously printing stories that are so blatantly false ? I guess as long as people keep buying them they'll carry on doing it - I rarely bother myself these days.

Although being a lifelong Saints fan I can't help thinking that like most other stories about our club over the years there's no smoke without fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.