Monday 20 November 2006

Chocolate Heaven


For ages the kids - & Mrs Wurzel - have been asking to go to Cadbury World. Finally this weekend I succumbed, telling them they would have to be up and ready to leave by 8am on a Sunday morning . To my surprise, no complaints and everyone was ready on time !



Despite the 140 mile drive we were there in no time - and I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting little more than a factory visit but this place is much more than that. A great mix of education and entertainment and enough free give away chocolate to leave you feeling quite sick. We were told to allow 3 hours for the tour and it took us all of that and a bit more, never once getting bored.



Cadbury's are obviously deservedly proud of their products and some off the statistics reeled out as to how many bars are manufactured every day etc are truly mind boggling.

All in all this a great day out for any age - and if you love chocolate then that's a bonus. The Wurzel recommendation is don't try and eat it all at once, save some for the journey home.

1 comment:

  1. ..i was reading some blogs here in the net and i've discovered yours, and i liked it, so i'm going to sign.. Sorry for my bad English, but I'm Spanish, but I will try to do my best.
    ..here in my city we also have a factory like that one, but here the visit is very boring, and it's typical to go when you are seven years with your teacher in the primary school, because then they give you pens, chocolates and more things that are fantastic to you when you are a kid.
    ..i couldn't go there, because I LOVE CHOCOLATE, so i suppose i would get really sick. =)
    ..big hug from Spain!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.